The #1 Consulting Organization

With more than 1,000,000 students, the United States of America has the world’s largest international student population. Of all the students enrolling for higher education, about 5% are international students.

Why Study in The USA

Studying abroad in the USA can prove to be a life-changing experience. This country ranks high among the top 10 places to study abroad. Highly specialized technical schools are available in the USA for the students of seed agriculture (plant production) in Wyoming and arctic science in Alaska. Whatever you wish to study, hope to find a perfect match for your needs in the USA.

The United States is home to diversity with a long history of immigration. Fifty states plus the District of Columbia make this country. Every state in the USA is worth exploring. The academic year is from September to June.

The Education System in The USA

In the USA, core courses, major, minor and elective are included in an undergraduate degree. The degree can be for three to four years. The four years are named Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior respectively.

A Professional Master’s Degree is from 1 to 3 years and an Academic Master’s Degree lasts for 2 years. Doctorate or PhD studies can take up to 8 years to be completed.

By accumulating the course credits, or hours of classroom study allows you to obtain the bachelor’s degree and not the ‘final’ examinations. A continuous record of marks and grades is maintained depending upon the quality of work done.

F-1 Visas for International Students

An F-1 Visa permits international students to enter the US and study different programmes at various institutes certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Based on the program you have enrolled in, the duration of your stay varies. Before the expiration date, you will be expected to earn your degree. You can also apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) following your graduation. With this, you can work for up to 12 months in the US.

Two additional years of work can be requested by the students of STEM graduates. To get an F-1 Visa you would need:

  1. Institution certification,
  2. Full-time enrollment,
  3. English language proficiency,
  4. Sufficient funding,
  5. Valid passport and
  6. Home country residency

You will have 60 days to leave the US after you have completed your degree.

Applying to the US universities

The application process is almost similar across the universities in the USA. Some elements vary based on the different study programs and levels. US universities have two main intakes, fall and spring. Required documents include:

  1. Class X, XII, and the Bachelor’s degree (if applicable) mark sheet,
  2. Two academic reference letters, at least, from professors,
  3. Two letters of recommendation from the employer/manager for those with work experience,
  4. Resume,
  5. Statement of Purpose (SOP),
  6. Essays (If demanded by the university),
  7. Scorecards of GMAT / GRE / IELTS / TOEFL,
  8. Portfolio for some programs,
  9. Certificates/achievements
  10. Proof of funds

This might look a lot but do not worry we will help you prepare all the documents at best.

Send Us A Message